Steps for this scenario.
- Create a New sales Order.
- Insert the requested delivery date
- Check the following fields in the Shippiing & Billing Fasttab*. Insert if needed or set the defaults in the customer card. Or use the carrier selection function to get the best rate proposal.
- Release the Sales Order
- Create the Warehouse document
- Perform the Pick and Register Process
- Post the warehouse Shipment document
- Open the Posted Sales Shipment **
- Create the Transport order (if all defaults in the sales order are correct the transport order is created and you can open the linked sales order)
- Book or Book and Print the transport order (the service provider (Carrier) will update the transport order and the sales order with the tracking information.
* – Code (Shipment Method) (Mapped to the nShift Transsmart Incoterms) – Service Agent (Mapped with the nShift Transsmart Carrier) – Agent Service (Mapped with the nShift Transsmart Service Profile – Rates)
** – In the ShipIT setup it’s also possible to set the option to Auto-create Transport Order. In Step 7. this will also directly Create the Transport Order – With the Enable Beta features more option are possible like direct booking in nShift Transsmart and also Direct Printing of the Labels.
After booking of the transportorder the ShipIT flow is finished and in most of the cases the business central process is also ended.
Need more help with this?