The following chapters contain detailed information on how to set up and get your Business Central + Commerce 365 system fully up and running. But, if you are looking for short index or easy checklist to see what you are about to do, or the check on what you might have missed, then here is your list.
What you have to do
- Install the Business Central extension
- Install the Magento extension
- Create an integration in Magento
- Configure the Business Central extension by starting the setup wizard
- Sync website, store and tax configuration
- Sync and configure shipment methods
- Sync and configure payment methods
By now, your system is up and running, and you are ready to publish a catalog, invite customers, and sync orders!
Test some data
In order to see the results of what you have done in the first phase, do some of the following.
- Go to attributes and create an attribute, and release it.
- Create an attribute set, add your new attribute, and release it as well.
- Create one or more categories.
- Now go to items, set the Product Type to simple, set Attribute Set to your new attribute set. Add some images, texts and put the item in one of the categories you have just created, and sync your data.
- Now go to your Magento store, and see the first pieces of your brand new online store.
Your first sales order
- Take your favorite test customer and invite them to use your store. (Be sure to select a test customer, so one which uses your own email address :) )
- Make sure the data is synced.
- Now login with that initial password you saw on the customer card, and add something to the basket, and complete the purchase.
- Now go to sales > sales list and click on Get New Orders.
This was your first order coming from your new Magento e-commerce environment.