You should have received a zip file with a filename like this: NAVcommerce.201X.vX.0X.XX.zip Otherwise, please go to our download portal and login with your partner or customer credentials. Under Software Downloads, you will always find the latest NAVcommerce releases. Be sure to download the version that matches your NAV or Business Central version.
Unblock the zip file
If you downloaded the zip file from a web location, please first check whether the file is marked as at Windows level. Right click > Properties > If blocked, you should see this on the General tabs. Tick the checkbox and press OK to unblock.
Always unblock the zip file first, and then unpack. Otherwise, files within the zip file will stay blocked and you cannot unblock them anymore.
Now unzip the zip file. The contents of the file should look like this:
|NAVCommerce.2015.v8.06.04.codeunit1.txt||Only needed for NAV 2015, and only when installing for the first time|
|NAVCommerce.2015.v8.06.04.menusuite.fob||The menu suite|
|NAVCommerce.2015.v8.06.04.menusuite.txt||The menu suite in txt format, in case the number we use (1052) is already used within your database.|
|\Add-ins\NAVcommerce\*.*||Folder with DLL’s.|
Installing the add-on
- Always start by making backups of your NAV database. Not that this installation touches any standard NAV object, but just for good practice.
- Import the new license file (.FLF) if needed.
- Stop all service tiers involved.
- Copy the \NAVcommerce\ folder with DLL’s, from the \Add-ins\ folder to your NAV application folder. I.E.: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Service\Add-ins\ folder.
Overwrite all files if needed. When running more than one, be sure to do this for all service tiers!
- Start the service tier(s) you have just stopped.
- Import the add-on FOB.
- Import the menu suite FOB or use the TXT file if needed.
- Compile all objects with NC* in the version list.
- Select all menu suite objects and compile them.
- When performing an upgrade, after importing new objects always perform a data upgrade! (Tools -> Data Upgrade > Parallel)
If things don’t work as described in this manual, or if any other problem occurs, just contact your implementation consultant or create a ticket at: https://idyn.freshdesk.com